Obesity is a objective condition that results from extreme storage of fat in the body. Obesity has been distinct as a weight more than 20 percent above what is measured normal as per the body mass index, which is intended from an individual’s age, height, and weight. Being there of fat tissue is necessary as natural energy keep in our bodies. But excess fat tissues result in obesity and causes health disorders.
Obesity is measured by: Body Mass index (BMI), Waist capacity and Combined Measurements .An fat person carries the augmented risk of developing type 2 diabetes, hypertension and cardiovascular illness.
Watch out for increased waistline:
In obesity, there is an augment in the size and the number of fat cells throughout the body. This source a increase of overkill body fat.
One of the places where this excess body fat can most easily be seen is approximately the waistline. A waist measurement of 40 inches or more in men and 35 inches or more in women is associated to an increased risk for heart illness and other health troubles associated with obesity.
Although Obesity has no specific symptoms, it have a say to other major health problems. An mature who is overweight has an increased risk of complications from other diseases. These may include
- High blood pressure
- Type 2 diabetes
- Gallbladder illness
- A few types of cancer
- High cholesterol
- Resting and breathing problems
- Depression or any other affecting problems
- Difficulty walking or moving around
- Rashes in the folds of the skin
- Shortness of breath with exertion
- Snoring or sleep apnea
Overeating and Other rseasons :
Obesity may develop from a combination of factors. One key cause is over-eating as the ingestion of calories (the energy value of food) exceeds the rations of the body over a long period of time. This excess energy is stored in the body cells in the form of fat and sugar and gives the entity the outward appearance of being overweight
Other key factors include: Genetic or hereditary traits including social, behavioral, cultural, and physiological factors, metabolic (the body’s process of using energy) factors; and some medications that may contribute to the development of Obesity.
Here is a list of causes that are related in our times and significant factors one must be cautious of to avoid obesity:
- motionless or Sedentary lifestyle
- A high glycemic diet. Such as a diet that consists of meals that give high postprandial blood sugar
- Weight cycling, caused by frequent attempts to lose weight by dieting
- Underlying illness such as hypothyroidism
- Genetic disorders
- Eating disorders such as bender eating disorder
- Stressful mentality
- lacking sleep
- Positive medications such as atypical antipsychotics
- Smoking termination
- Genetic factors
Home remedies for obesity
Obesity treatment using Lime Juice-Honey:
Fasting on lime juice-honey water is highly helpful in the treatment of obesity. In this mode of treatment, one teaspoon of fresh honey should be varied with the juice of half a lime in a glass of lukewarm water and taken at regular gap.
Obesity behavior using Trifala:
Trifala, an herbal mixture of amalaki, bibbitaki, and haritaki is good for losing weight.
Obesity treatment using Jujube:
The leaves of jujube or Indian plum are another valuable medicine for obesity. A handful of leaves should be awash overnight in water and this water should be taken in the morning, preferably on an empty stumach. This action should be continued for at least one month to attain beneficial results.
Obesity behavior using Cabbage:
Cabbage is careful to be an excellent home remedy for obesity. Recent research has revealed that a valuable chemical called tartaric acid is present in this vegetable which inhibits the exchange of sugar and other carbohydrates into fat. Hence, it is of great value in weight reduction. Substituting a meal with cabbage salad would be the simplest way to stay slim.
Obesity treatment using Tomato:
One or two ripe tomatoes taken early morning as a substitute for breakfast, for a couple of months, are considered a safe method of weight reduction. They also supply the food elements essential to preserve health.
Obesity treatment using Finger Millet:
Finger millet is an ideal food for the obese, because its digestion is slow and due to this, the carbohydrates take a longer time to get absorbed. By eating preparations made of finger millet, the constant desire to eat is curbed, thus reducing the daily calorie eating. At the same time, finger millet supplies an abundant quantity of calcium, phosphorus, iron, Vitamin B1 and B2 and prevents malnutrition in spite of restricted food.
Dietary Guidelines for Diabetes Management:
Here are some simple and dos and don’ts that one can stick on to:
- boost the quantity of fruits and vegetables and low calorie foods.
- Eat tomato in the crack of dawn and in salad. Make it a regular routine.
- Mint is very helpful in losing weight. Have some salads, vegetables with it.
- Have raw or cooked cabbage as it inhibits the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates into fat.
- Include a resource of vitamin B-12 in your cut down.
- Use vegetable oil as an alternative of butter or stick margarine.
- Prefer eating vapor, boiled, microwave vegetables
- Eat less salty cookings, alcohol, dairy products, sugar, margarine
- Replace whole milk with skim or low fat milk for your training
- Roast, bake or boil meat, fish, to wipe out all the fat present
- Avoid eating of too much salt as it may be a factor for increasing body weight.
- All types of milk products-cheese, butter, and non-vegetarian foods should be keep away from as they are rich in fat. Be enough with twice a glass of milk.
- Avoid rice and potato, which be full of a lot of carbohydrates. Among cereals wheat is good.
- Avoid high calorie foods like chocolates, ice cream, sweets, butter, heavy refined foods which have high calories.
- Avoid meals when under pressure or tension.
- Stop taking bread prepared with wheat alone as the key element. An ideal combination must consist of whole grams flour and soyabeans.
Do not skip any meal:
Eat three regular meals a day. Avoid omit any meal.
Small regular well-spaced meals are desirable:
Instead of intake only 2 more meals during the day like lunch, dinner, it is sensible to eat 4-5 more small mini-meals spaced between 2-3 hours apart during the day.
Drink plenty of water:
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily to keep away from fluid retention.
- Drink a glass of boiled water daily after every serving of food.
Other Obesity conduct
Exercise and perspirational behavior:
Exercise is an significant part of any weight decrease plan. A workout for at least 30 minutes to an hour every morning is beneficial. Walking is the best put into result to begin with. Other exercises include swimming, bicycling, trekking and so on.
Limit negative feeling and expand positive outlook:
Above all, obese persons should make every effort to avoid harmful emotions such as unease, fear, aggression, and insecurity, and develop a positive outlook on life.
Acupressure and Obesity:
Acupressure tips such as the middle of the upper lip, below the nose and an inch below and one inch up the naval point on the stomach are points of significance incase of obesity. Press these points 3 to 4 times a day for 5minutes each. It helps manage hunger and in the overall control of obesity.
Behavior Modification towards intake:
For three months, consume food by chew up a single piece at least 50 times, so that it twist into almost a liquid before gulping it down. It has very successfully reduced the obesity of many people.